For Sundays & Everydays
I feel like sunscreen is one of those products that is so difficult to find in the right texture and finish that is so perfect that you actually want to wear it everyday. But you also make excuses to not wear it, like:
- "Oh, I'm only going to be outside for like, 5 minutes while walking to and from the subway."
- "I don't really get to leave my office during the day and I'm stuck inside all day anyway."
- "It's dark out at 4:30pm now." (Wow, that was really depressing to write).
- "Oh, my foundation / cushion compact / BB Cream / CC Cream has SPF 30 already!"
- "I think it makes me, like, break out or something."
Trust me, I have made/used/self-rationalized every single excuse in the book to not use sunscreen. And then I want to kick myself when I see new dark spots appear on my face.
So the bottom line is, you should be wearing sunscreen everyday, regardless of the weather:
- UV rays can be more harmful when it's cloudy than sunny.
- If you're lucky enough to sit on a high floor that gets like, a few hours of sunlight during the day - that still counts as sun exposure!
- The point of cushion compacts is for you to consistently reapply sunscreen throughout the day while you touch up your makeup.
I love this one from VANT36.5, which is quite possibly Korea's chicest beauty line right now. The texture is just in between a gel cream and a lotion, but super absorbent and doesn't leave any white streaks or residue on your skin. It's not greasy at all, but surprisingly very hydrating, so my cushion compact goes on really nicely on top and adds to the dewy glow effect I want.
Plus, with packaging this pretty, you'll want to reach for it every day.